Assisted living insurance is a long-term care protection insurance policy that is available to people between the ages of 50 and 76. There are two cover levels available from National Friendly either *£20,000 or £30,000 at the outset which increase each year.
* Each allowance has a maximum which can be claimed over the policy lifetime and will be subject to an annual increase.
Who are National Friendly?
National Friendly have been in the health sector for approximately 150 years and as of June 2017 are proud to confirm over 49,000 members. They are a mutual business who believe that people should have access to quality healthcare.
What does an Assisted Living policy offer you?
- An assisted living allowance which helps you to pay for professional care services in your home.
- An assistive devices allowance which helps towards the purchase or rental of assisted devices designed to enable you to carry out activities of daily living
- The fitting or installation of assistive devices in your home
- A respite care allowance which helps you to pay for short term respite care if your unpaid carer need to take a short break
- A care advice benefit which helps you to understand the care options available, help you to make the best use of the benefits available to you from the state, your local authority and your policy and advice on which state benefits are means-tested, discounted or available for free.
The benefits as stated are subject to the policy terms and conditions and maximum benefit limits may apply.
When setting up the policy with National Friendly the policyholder can choose when their claims start to be paid which can be either 6 or 13 weeks from when the policyholder qualifies for the benefits.
The above information has been sourced from https://www.nationalfriendly.co.uk/products-services/later-life-care/assisted-living-insurance/
If you are looking for long-term care insurance cover such as the Assisted Living Insurance from National Friendly, the Medigest Business Directory can help you find a financial adviser, healthcare insurance specialist or provide the details of the insurance companies directly. Please use the following link to access the directory https://www.medigest.uk/directory/