Indian Head Massage is a holistic therapy that has been practiced in India for over 1000 years. This treatment is reported to provide relief from aches and pains, encourage relaxation and an overall feeling of well-being as well as helping to promote a healthy scalp and hair.
In its traditional form the technique was restricted to the head and hair however there is now a system that incorporates the upper back, shoulders, neck, upper arms and face with the concept that these areas are all important energy centres of the body and by including them into the treatment, the whole body can benefit. This enhanced method was developed by Narendra Mehta who has over 25 years of experience in bodywork and has studied in various hands-on therapies.
Physical and psychological benefits include:
- General and specific relaxation of muscles, providing immediate relief.
- Fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules) can be broken down.
- Loosening of the scalp.
- Relaxation of the whole body.
- Dispersal of toxins from tense, knotted muscles
- Improved circulation of blood and increased oxygen uptake.
- Stimulation and improvement of the circulation of the lymphatic system.
- Help in the relief of eyestrain and tension headaches.
- Excellent for disturbed sleep and insomnia
- Help with mental tiredness and tension.
- Improved concentration.
- Relief from mental and emotional stress.
Indian Head Massage is a simple and effective form of therapy and can provide instant relief from tension and stress symptoms. It can be performed either in a clinic or within the workplace. In many cases the therapy is performed through light clothing with the client in a seated position and a typical massage will last somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes.
The above information has been sourced from http://massagetherapy.co.uk/
If you are looking for a professional provider of holistic therapy such as Indian Head Massage, the Medigest Business Directory could help you find a qualified professional in your area. Please visit https://www.medigest.uk/directory/ .