Acute Toxic Epidermolysis

Below you will find more information about Acute Toxic Epidermolysis from Medigest. If you believe that you are suffering from any of the symptoms of Acute Toxic Epidermolysis it is important that you obtain an accurate diagnosis from a medical professional to ensure that you obtain the correct medication or treatment for your condition. There are medical conditions that carry similar symptoms associated with Acute Toxic Epidermolysis and therefore the information provided by Medigest is offered as a guideline only and should never be used in preference to seeking professional medical advice. The information relating to Acute Toxic Epidermolysis comes from a third party source and Medigest will not be held liable for any inaccuracies relating to the information shown.


Acute toxic epidermolysis is a rare immunological defect that affects the skin. In this condition blisters develop on the skin and causes excessive peeling; the dermis then becomes more exposed to heat and substances and may resort to scalding.


The disease is caused by the symptoms displayed by the patient.


Multi-drug treatments can be used to treat the disease.

Symptoms and Signs

The disease is mainly characterized by blisters that make the skin red and sore. Apart from damaging the dermis, mucous membranes of the eyes, mouth and throat also become swollen.


This illness is an immunological disorder. Among the diseases it is closely linked with is the erythema multiforme and the Stevens-Johnson syndrome.

Discuss Acute Toxic Epidermolysis in our forums

Discuss Acute Toxic Epidermolysis with other members of Medigest in our forums.