Swift Disease

Below you will find more information about Swift Disease from Medigest. If you believe that you are suffering from any of the symptoms of Swift Disease it is important that you obtain an accurate diagnosis from a medical professional to ensure that you obtain the correct medication or treatment for your condition. There are medical conditions that carry similar symptoms associated with Swift Disease and therefore the information provided by Medigest is offered as a guideline only and should never be used in preference to seeking professional medical advice. The information relating to Swift Disease comes from a third party source and Medigest will not be held liable for any inaccuracies relating to the information shown.


Swift disease is another name for mercury poisoning. It is a disease caused by exposure to the metal mercury. This can cause serious health problems ranging from liver and gastrointestinal poisoning.


Swift disease can be diagnosed by the mentioned symptoms as well as detection of trace amounts of mercury found in the blood serum.


Mercury poisoning can be treated with chelation therapy. Vitamin C treatment is also helpful in preventing further problems caused by the toxin, but the damages of mercury poisoning are no longer reversible.

Symptoms and Signs

The symptoms of swift disease include edemas, peripheral neuropathy, hyperhidrosis, hypertension, and extreme redness of the skin especially on the cheeks. Photophobia is also present in persons affected by the disease.


Swift disease is caused by immense exposure to mercury. Miners and workers that use mercury in their manufacturing firms are the ones greatly affected by the disease.

Discuss Swift Disease in our forums

Discuss Swift Disease with other members of Medigest in our forums.