Personal Accident insurance for the over 50’s from Saga.

Medigest – Advertise with us

If you are over 50 and looking for a Personal Accident Insurance policy, Saga offer a straightforward plan with a choice of cover levels which pay a lump sum to help deal with the consequences of accidental injury.

The really great news with the Saga policy is that as long as you are a UK resident living in the UK more than 6 months of the year, your cover is worldwide, so even if the accident happens abroad, benefit will be paid in the event of an eligible claim.

What types of injury will the Saga policy pay out on?

  • Permanent loss of sight
  • Permanent loss of or the loss of use of limbs
  • Bone fractures
  • Dislocation of spine or hip
  • Second or Third degree burns

The monetary benefit allocated to an injury varies depending on the severity of the injury. As an easy comparable example; if you were to suffer the loss or lose the use of 2 or more limbs you could expect to receive a payment of up to £50,000. If however you had a simple fracture of the hip, the amount paid out would be £750.

There is an easy to understand table available on the Saga website which confirms the monetary amount awarded relating to specific medical injuries on either the Premier or Premier Plus cover level.

As with all health and protection insurance policies, there are general exclusions to cover and with the Saga Personal Accident Insurance these include:

  • Suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self-inflicted injury
  • Flying other than as a passenger in a licensed passenger aircraft
  • Engaging in Military or Naval or Air service operations;

Saga also confirm that they must receive the claim within 180 days.

The above information has been sourced from

If you are looking for a Personal Accident insurance policy then the Medigest Business Directory may be able to help you find a specialist provider who can help you decide on the policy that best suits your needs. You could opt to use the services of a specialist health insurance broker, a financial adviser or you could work with the insurance provider directly.