When you run or manage a business the effects of sickness absence can cause problems regardless of how many staff you employ. The cost to a business of sickness absence is unpredictable and difficult to budget for.
There are a number of products available for businesses to assist in combating the effects of sickness absence and Sick Pay Insurance from Unum is one of them.
Sick Pay Insurance from Unum:
- provides short-term financial support for sickness absence
- can pay benefit from as little as one week’s absence
- offers professional claims management support, allowing employers to flag non-work related claims and validate claims through independent, evidence-based expertise
- is designed to complement a business’ existing sick pay scheme and can dovetail perfectly with long-term Income Protection plans to give complete peace of mind
- Range of payment periods from 12 weeks to 52 weeks
- Range of deferred periods from 1 to 4 weeks
- A choice of salary replacement ratios to suit business needs
- Range of benefit amounts up to £6,000 per month Support Services
Offering all of the above for company clients, customers will also have automatic access to additional services without any additional costs being applied.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme); offers work and life support for employers and employees. This EAP includes face to face counselling sessions.
- Legal Services; this offers employers access to independent legal services.
- Rehabilitation Service; Vocational rehabilitation consultants will provide practical return to work plans where appropriate
The Unum Sick Pay insurance is a flexible plan and is designed to complement existing company sick pay procedures and long term Income Protection plans.
The above information has been sourced from http://www.unum.co.uk/sick-pay-insurance
There are a number of different policies available for businesses from Unum as well as many other insurance providers in the UK and the Medigest Business Directory can help you find an advisor who can help you find the right product for your needs. Whether you wish to contact an insurance provider directly, a financial advisor or a specialist health insurance broker, please visit https://www.medigest.uk/directory/.